Situated off the Cote d’ Azur in southern France, the three islands that make up les Iles d’Or, also know as Les iles d’Hyeres, are famous for Luxury Yacht Charter.Forts have been excessively destroyed and rebuilt from the time of Francis I through to the present day, with both Porquerolles and Levant still having a strong military presence. The island group is blessed with an exceptionally mild climate ideal to rent a Superyacht for charter, which makes it popular – some would say over-popular – with tourists looking for charter a luxury yacht in southern France. The heat of summer is usually tempered by a delightfully cool sea breeze exellent for sailing.

Porquerolles is the most accessible of the trio. Formerly in private hands, most of the island was acquired by the state in 1971 and the land is now protected and conserved. The port , which shares the island’s name, is a hive of yacht charter activity. As soon as you arrive, you will be captivated. Behind the privat yachts for charter tied up to the quay, the first houses can be seen, surrounded by lush vegetation. After leaving the port you arrive in the village with its large square and beautiful church, a cluster of shops alfresco eateries.

Port-Cros, the middle of the three islands, was afforded National Park status in 1963 and now and now considered one of the most beautiful place where rent a luxury yacht in South French.

Uniquely for Europa this park extends some 600 m. in to the remarkably clear waters that surround the island, providing and underwater haven fot both marine life and divers alike. Inland, Port-Cros is the hilliest and wildest of the three islands, with a well-marked nature trail system as well as be considered an ideal place where charter a luxury yacht in French Riviera.

Lenant is an oddity: similar covered in lush vegetation and blessed with fine sandy beaches, 90 per cent of the island is given over to the French military. The remaining 10 per cent has become a Mecca naturists.

In order to protect this fragile environment visitor numbers are limited to 5.000 per day on Porquerolles and 1.500 on Port-Cros.

Yachts for Charter in Les Iles d’Or